Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Alert

Follow us:
Follow @NY1 on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

Man Released After Being Held In Connection With Coney Island Shooting

  • Text size: + -
TWC News: Man Released After Being Held In Connection With Coney Island Shooting
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

The man arrested in last week's deadly multiple shooting on Coney Island has been released after prosecutors decided not to seek an indictment.

The Brooklyn District Attorney's office said Joseph Brown was ordered released by a judge.

He had been facing murder and attempted murder charges.

Brown said he was home playing video games with friends at the time of the incident.

He's due back in court in May, when his lawyer said he expects charges against Brown to be dismissed.

Four people were shot last Friday inside the Gravesend Houses, one of whom was killed.

There is no word on any other suspects.

Anyone with information on the case should contact the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS, or text CRIMES and then enter TIP577, or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.

10.11.12.248 ClientIP: 54.198.34.238 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP